Skip to main content

Resignation in the UAE- How I finally gave up that Job (1)





That particular morning, I felt numb. My hands were shivering, my head was spinning so fast that I could feel that I'll faint any moment. My tummy made me feel sick. I had decided. Finally. To Quit. To resign.

I was extremely nervous at the time. My hormones were doing their part twice as much as they should have been doing. Overacting! I know that I wouldn't miss this place even a bit. I wouldn't miss a single thing here, a single person here and I will definitely never ever miss my work here.

Giving resignation ain't a simple task here in the UAE. There are a lot of other things that follow. When you get a job, you enter a contract; Limited Contract or Unlimited Contract. You have to complete 2 years to complete this contract and if you decide to break it in between, then you're done. Either you go to labor court and wait for months or years for a result or you end up paying the company a huge amount in return. So, yes, I was worried about this decision of mine because I had completed just 9 months.

So you ask why I am leaving the job?
  1. Yes, I am a civil engineer, but I pretty much do not enjoy being one. I belong to the multipotentialite clan.
  2.  Life was too mechanical. Wake up, go to work, get back home at night, sleep, wake up and repeat.  I believe we choose our destiny. So I didn't want this to be mine.
  3. There was no fun in work, no challenge and I didn't quite really want to explore more about this profession (Obviously this was not my thing!)
  4. It was time, I start taking care of my health because this time it was not just me I had to take care of. 
  5. And I guess my boss enjoyed pissing me every day just to prove me wrong and unfortunately the opposite happens almost all the time.

Well, they say to ask for suggestions before you decide. And I did. My parents, sister, brother in law, close friends, cousins, friend's wife and even some random person. All I wanted them to say was to ask me to resign and they did!! Power of visualization works at times, you wanted them to say what you wanted to hear and they did!! Or maybe I talked them to say that? I am not sure.

I had my resignation letter ready in the mail. I was not quite sure of whom shall I send this to. The HR or the MD. Again I got a lot of suggestions;
  1. Talk to MD first, then give the letter
  2. Just send a mail to the HR and cc MD and other managers.
  3. Send a mail to MD and cc others
  4. Talk to HR first
  5. It's not ethical to send resignation by mail, hand it over to MD.
  6. Uff!! Enough!

Well, I decided to talk to MD first and then give him the letter. I just want to end this on a good note.  But as he was in an "Irritate her" mode, I strongly believed he might ignore my request and ask me to talk to the HR.

And Mr. HR!! He is the only person ever in this universe whom I want to avoid. Because if I tell him, "Sir, I want to resign", he will report it to the MD as "She said the company is a stupid company and she said that with an attitude. I think she has a problem with the new girl. She is acting as if she don't care about her works. I am sure she disrespects you. Hence she is resigning!!". And it won't be a good note to resign.

So I kept waiting for the MD from 8.30 a.m.

9.30 a.m......no sign

10.30 a.m .......silence prevails

11.30 a.m......I guess he won't come

12.08 p.m....the door opens and enters the boss.

Again all the hormones that were ever created in my body began to overreact and made me feel stupid and tensed and nervous and I don't know what.

So now, I have to walk over to him and tell this. But my body refused to get up. They were busy playing around my head making me feel dizzy and faintish (if that is even a word!). This was such a big decision. So many incidents are going to follow this.

Just then my senior engineer came up to me and gave me some works to do. I thought, "Ok, I'll finish this up and then go and talk to him.". But then, by the time I finished the work, it was past noon and there were a lot of people in the office. I didn't want to break it to him in this crowd. So I waited until evening.

Again when the office was almost empty, I walked over to his office. The letter in my hand. And slowly I looked inside the office and *Puff*. He already left the office. Great!

Now I have to go through all these one more time. But tomorrow, I will definitely RESIGN!

Hashba Hamza


#Tryingtobestrong

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRISONER OF AIR INDIA!!

            WARNING : PRAY BEFORE YOU READ:- "OH GOD..PLEASE NEVER TEST MY PATIENCE WITH THE BELOW MENTIONED EXPERIENCE EVER!!!"                                                                                                                                                                  “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”                                                                                                                                                                ― Augustine of Hippo This post is to express my disgust with the horrific service of Air India. I know Air India has always been a problem creator for everyone but still people choose to travel in Air India! Why? The answer for this question can be categorized among the ones which fall in the list of no-answer-for-it. All Air India fans or passengers must read this!!!!! As someone said somewhere… NO PAIN….NO STORIES! I get to write these posts on

The life of a girl in KSA! (1)

This story is all about a girl...a teenage girl in fact...!Nina has got a few problems at hand.She doesnt care about pre-calculus unlike her over achieving siblings.! And if her parents had a whiff of her thoughts ...She would be grounded forever..! being an Indian but born and bought up in a Muslim family in KSA..Nina is unable to balance the two cultures and realizes her love for her sweet heart can only be a fantacy! BUT WITH A LOT OF HUMOR ,ONE CAN ALWAYS FIND A WAY!  EPISODE :1 ""hey...where are we going????"" I asked her....as she was taking the car through some unknown road......"We r almost there..... Don’t worry....''Ria... said me as I looked around the place                                                       "I never worry about you...I worry about the kids sitting here with us....May I please know where your taking us?"....I looked at my best friends face....as she showed no sign of replying!!! shrrrrriiii

Back Into Action..??

" Yeah its not that i'm Back into action once again!! Its just that I just wanna make myself sure that I don't stop blogging in any moment of my life!!!" Soo....Ive always wanted to come up with some new and interesting posts like i usually do( even though my posts are a little huge...its worth reading!! :P ). But now actually i really don't know whats coming into my mind.......        My college is getting so bored that i think i have my mind frozen into an unmovable mass of ice that even the harshest sun cant melt it...!! ( seriously...!! i aint joking!!) . Maybe sitting in the FRONT BENCH made me hate my class...!! ( i got a new post to write about---the front benchers!! wow!). Okay....now its some arts programs coming up in college and I gave my name for all kind of writings----- English-Essay,Poetry and Story. I just have to win this time. Or else I don't know how I'll convince my mind that i used to be a writer ONCE UPON A TIME!!!! My only ho